COMMERCIAL SPRINKLER SYSTEMS
The vast majority of sprinkler systems that are installed are very simple in design and operation. There are some methods of making the control of sprinkler systems more sophisticated, but essentially, they are very straightforward.
They comprise of: a water supply, which may be the town mains in the street, where this is adequate in capability, or a water tank and pump or similar self-contained water source a means of controlling the supply of water into the sprinkler system, usually comprising sets of valves a network of pipes which feeds water from the supply to the sprinkler heads an array of sprinkler heads, strategically placed throughout the protected area.
Some buildings need to be fitted with automatic sprinklers as part of a package of provisions to comply with the Building Regulations.
The Automatic sprinkler system is the most popular fire detection to be used today. The sprinkler system has been used for well over 100 years.
Over 40 million sprinkler heads are fitted world wide a year.
Sprinkler systems are a highly effective way of protecting your building and saving lives. We carry out a service which complies with the BS commercial sprinkler which include the following:
- Wet systems
- Dry systems
- Deluge systems
- Alternate systems
- Foam systems
- Electrical and diesel fire pumps
- Hose reels
Through out the year we can carry out the service and maintenance of your sprinkler systems. We can offer a very competitive price so please call today for a free no obligation quote.
Our inspection procedure includes:
- Operating control valves and testing tamper switches
- Ensuring local and electronic alarm devices function properly
- Operating inspectors test valves to ensure operation of flow switch(s)
- Performing flow test on system or pumps
- Inspecting sprinkler heads for rating, damage, obstructions or corrosion
- Testing water flow and operation of fire pumps and jockey pumps
- Trip testing dry-pipe, pre-action and deluge valves as applicable
- Inspecting gravity tanks, reservoirs and pressure tanks
- Replacing rubber seals on valve sets
- M&P provides you with a detailed report of the operation and conditions of your system